Writing to Santa
We’re no longer accepting letters for this year’s program. You’ll find instructions below for how to send a letter when we’re back next holiday season!
How To Write a Letter
Some must-do’s to remember when crafting your letter to Santa.
Make Your Letter Even Better
Santa has a lot of letters to read, so here’s how you can make his job easier:
- Write legibly
- Include your full name and address in the letter
- List the gifts you want in order of preferences
- Be specific about the gifts you’re asking for
- Don’t ask for gifts that might be too expensive
Resources and Tips
Download and print one of our templates in case you need a little help.
P.S. Here are some things to remember:
- For a family: group all your family’s letters in one envelope and include additional stamps depending on the weight
- For an organization or classroom: send all letters individually in their own standard size letter envelope, each with a First-Class stamp
- Don’t include any 3D art
- You can submit a letter even if you don’t have an existing USPS Operation Santa account